Last Updated on August 1, 2023 by Thomas James
As much as we would love never to have to deal with cleaning fluids again, it’s impossible. Whether it’s cleaning fluids that spilled when someone was making a drink or pees that your dog has tried to relieve themselves, it’s just impossible to clean up and store liquids.
You might be in luck because there is a way to eliminate the extra liquid. A car seat is an ideal place that is hard to clean without getting cleaning fluid on the floor or pees on the carpet. This blog post will outline how to get pee out of a car seat.
One of the most important things to remember when caring for your car is to keep it clean and safe. One crucial part of car care is wiping down the interior and exterior of your vehicle.
But how do you remove pee from your car seat? A lot of people need to learn the answer to this question. Fortunately, this blog will help you with the answer you need.
You can get pee out of a car seat in several ways. This blog looks at the most effective ways to get undone pee out of your car seat.
How To Clean Urine From Car Seat With 9 Methods
You can get pee out of a car seat in a few different ways. This blog will look at each of these 9 methods in detail and explain how to use them to get pee out of a car seat.
Cleaning Solution Application
The first method of getting pee out of a car seat is to use a cleaning solution. When cleaning your car, there are a few different ways you can do it.
A cleaning solution is a liquid made specifically to clean your car. You can use a cleaning solution to remove stains from your car. It is a great way to remove pee from a car seat. For this, you’ll need:
- A cleaning solution(mixture of liquid dish soap, white vinegar, and water)
- A bucket
- A mop
- Rubber Gloves
- Before cleaning, ensure your pets and children are not in the car and remove all personal belongings and essential items.
- You can pull their hair, attract dirt, and kill it instantly with a car vacuum cleaner or a pet hair remover.
- When you don’t want your hands to smell like a cleaning solution, have a urine stain, or cause skin damage, wearing rubber gloves is a must.
- One tablespoon of liquid dish soap (15 mL), one tablespoon of white vinegar (15 mL), and two cups of cold water are required (470 ml).
- Mix and stir the ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Remember that white vinegar is a potent weapon for removing the acid in the urine and disinfecting the affected area.
- Avoid smearing, wiping, or blotting the process. After dipping the soft cloth into the cleaning solution, dampen the stained area.
- Switch between damp and dry cloths, dabbing and drying until the urine is completely clean.
- Even though the seat will dry eventually, air drying will allow you to use it sooner.
- Additionally, opening car windows and doors for the drying process.
Urine Stain Spraying
If you are still worrying about how to get pee out of the car seat. You can do it by using urine stain spray. It is a great way to remove pee from the car seat and prevent it from reoccurring. For this, you’ll need:
- Urine stain spray (Mixture of Baking soda, hydrogen peroxide, and dish detergent)
- Rubber Gloves
- Spray the solution directly on the stain. A few drops of dish detergent, three tablespoons of baking soda, and ten ounces of 3 percent hydrogen peroxide make up the mixture.
- Spray the entire area and make sure the solution covers the whole stain. For a better effect, leave it for an hour or even longer.
- Rinse the area with a damp cloth, then dry it with a dry towel until the residue is gone and the area is dry.
Leather Car Seat Cleaning
Leather car seats are known to be very difficult to clean. You can use a leather car seat or a leather cleaner. Leather cleaners are made for leather car seats.
Using wet wipes to absorb the stain
Although the cleaning procedure differs from regular car upholstery, fresh stains can still be removed with paper towels if they are discovered.
To avoid spreading the stain over the leather seats, dab it rather than wiping it.
Taking out the stuffing
If the stain is found in the seat, you can try removing the stuffing from the seat. It is an excellent way to get the stain out of the seat. Remove the stuffing once you’ve found the zipper on the leather seats. The stain and odor have penetrated it and will remain.
If you don’t have a zipper, proceed to the next step to clean the leather seats.
Using leather-specific deep cleaner
You can use a leather-specific deep cleaner if you don’t want to remove the stuffing. It will clean the leather from the inside. You can use a leather cleaner, but knowing it can damage the leather is essential.
However, if you have unfinished, nubuck, or suede leather, you can use cleaners designed for these materials. Please use the right cleaners to save them.
Wash the stuffing by hand
You can wash the stuffing by hand. You can use a mixture of baking soda, hydrogen peroxide, and dish detergent to wash it. You can also use a brush to clean it. Once the stuffing is cleaned, you can try to put it back into the seat after drying it thoroughly.
Getting Rid of an Old Stain
You can use a lot of ways to get rid of an old stain. If the stain is old, remove it with a vinegar soap mixture.
1/4 cup liquid dish soap (59 ml), 1/2 cup white vinegar (120 ml), and 1/2 cup warm water can be combined (120 ml). You must mix it until foam forms.
Using a Soft Brush
If the stain is old, you can use a soft brush to remove it. You can also use a soft bristle brush, a nylon brush, or a toothbrush. Scrubbing also allows the cleaning solution to penetrate the cover more deeply. To keep your skin in better shape, remember to wear gloves.
Removing The Foam Completely
You can apply any hard and fat material and a rubber spatula. So, the process will quickly and effectively remove the remaining foam.
Using Damp Cloth
You can also use a damp cloth to remove the foam. Just dampen it and apply it to the area.
Apply Dry Absorbent
You can also use a dry absorbent towel to remove the foam. Just put it in the area and leave it there for a few minutes. The towel will absorb the foam.
Tip: You can always cover your seat with a rubber mat to keep liquids and dirt out of the leather.
If the stain didn’t remove from the above methods and you are still searching for how to get pee out of the car seat, this method may work better for you.
Because vodka contains a reasonable amount of alcohol, it is an excellent cleaner. It can easily remove the foul smell of urine, but you must first clean the seat.
- Fill a bowl halfway with water and liquid soap to clean the seat. Mix them until they form a lather. Rub the surface with a cloth until it’s clean. Remove soap residue from the car seat with a rag.
- Fill a spray bottle halfway with vodka and the rest with water. Make sure that each portion is the same size. Combine the ingredients and spray.
- The mixture has the appearance of an air freshener. As the alcohol dries on the car seat’s surface, it lifts the urine odors. Open a window or door to allow the seats to dry properly.
You can use the following to get rid of urine odors in your car:
This method uses enzyme cleaner to clean the animal’s urine. It’s full of enzymes that break down the bonds in their urine. The cleaner eliminates the noxious odors.
Too much enzyme cleaner may damage your leather.
To clean the seat:
- Mix a few drops of the enzyme cleaner in a quart of warm water. You can use a soft brush to apply the mixture.
- Use a sponge to clean the area.
- Let the mixture dry completely.
Baking soda is a natural deodorizer that absorbs the odor from the leather. Sprinkle baking soda on your soiled area and cover it with it. Allow it to stay for the duration of the night. Baking soda eliminates urine odors and leaves your car smelling fresh. Repeat as many times as necessary.
Charcoal is an old-fashioned method of reviving a room’s odor. Foul odors are absorbed by it. Fill a bowl with coal and keep it in the car overnight. The car seat will smell better in the morning.
Using Essential oils
Essential oils are used to get rid of odors in your car. Combine baking soda, vinegar, essential oil, and hydrogen peroxide in a bowl. Allow it to dry after spraying it on the surface. Remove any remaining residue and repeat if necessary. You can also use the following oils to get rid of urine odors in your car:
Eucalyptus oil is one of the most popular essential oils. It has an earthy scent. It can be used to freshen your car’s air.
Lavender oil is a great essential oil for cleaning your car. It has a relaxing and soothing scent.
Things to Consider When Cleaning Urine From A Car Seat?
Conversely, it’s important to remember that some of these methods can harm the leather. Cleaning the seat with the above methods can be effective. If you have to use any methods to clean your car seat, ensure you use the right products.
When cleaning a car seat, you need to consider the following:
- Avoid using alcohol-based products.
- Keep the seat away from heat and sunlight when using the acidic product.
- Do not clean the seat with hot water.
- Keep the seat in a well-ventilated area.
- Keep the seat dry.
- Use a dry towel to clean the seat.
- Use a deodorizer to remove the smell.
- Use a steam cleaner to clean the seat.
- Clean the seat with a mixture of water and soap.
- Your primary concern should be your hygiene. After cleaning, wash your hands.
We hope you enjoyed our blog about how to get pee out of a car seat. If you want to remove urine stains from your car seat, you should try using a mixture of peroxide and baking soda for this process.
This mixture works exceptionally well for fresh enzymatic stains because it breaks down the protein in the urine that causes the stains.
We hope that you found these tips helpful and will be able to get your car as clean as new! Thank you for reading. We would love to hear from you! Happy car cleaning day!